Thursday, September 24, 2009

5 Days Since Our Last Accident

Ever see those signs in the movies, like in a factory or warehouse, that say "100 days since our last accident" and then someone gets hurt and they change the number to zero and start counting again? Well, Brent and I think that we need one for Sadie. For a while, we had a good streak. Maybe our sign would have said "50 days". But this last month we would have been resetting it to zero quite often. Luckily Sadie is a total trooper and seems to have a high tolerance for pain. When we tell her we need the doctor to fix "____" (chin, knee, etc.) she says "Ok, I go doctor, get better, get sucker and sticker." She knows the drill. I could do with a little less drama in our lives. Who knows, maybe our next accident-free streak will be a long one. We'll keep praying for that.

3 comments:

  1. haha maybe you SHOULD make one of those! :) we'll be praying for the same thing. a little less drama would be good for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I was living my life having no idea that such a blog existed.... Now my days (well weeks) can finally feel complete.

    I also think the sign is a great idea, you could put it on the side of your blog like 3 months until the baby comes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadie really is a little trooper. I don't think I could handle getting stitches even once a year. I was thinking maybe as she gets older and more and more stable on her feet, she won't fall as much. But who knows, maybe the falls will just get bigger too. She is just such a sweet and precious girl to handle it all so well.

    ReplyDelete