Wednesday, September 19, 2012

First day of school 2012

We're alive! Wow, I can't believe it's been over a year since I posted on this blog. But the new school year has me trying to get back on top of things, and that includes sharing snippets of our lives for family and friends. If anyone reads this blog still then hope you enjoy!

The first day of school was exciting this year. Kate is in 2nd grade and had picked out her outfit well in advance. We even pulled off a fancy hairstyle - which was quite a feat because I am not good at braids.


Sadie started Kindergarten and she was thrilled! I was a nervous wreck sending her off to school because I'm so scared of her getting hurt (and we have had plenty of meetings with the school trying to make things safe for her). But she was all smiles - except for the camera.... she hates when I turn into the papparazzi.  This was a lucky catch between all the annoyed faces :)

And here's a picture of Spencer for good measure.  (Yes he is eating cucumbers with nutella.  We have resorted to letting him eat basically anything he wants just in hope that he will actually eat something!)  All day long he kept asking me where Kate and Sadie were.  He was so lost without them.  When we picked up Sadie (she has half day) he shouted her name across the courtyard and was so excited.  Then he couldn't figure out why Kate wasn't coming home with us.  Sorry buddy, she has to stay at school a little longer... 

6 comments:

  1. AHHH What happened to Sadie's hair!?!?!?!? miss you guys! Kate looks so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'm so glad you are posting again! How exciting to have 2 in school. I'm way jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for blogging cute pictures of your kids! Sadie looks exactly like you, don't you think?
    I miss you, I was just talking about you yesterday wishing that you lived by me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! a post! i should probably do the same thing... :) i can't believe he was eating cucumbers with nutella haha that sounds disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you posted. I can't believe how big they are. so cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke!!! What adorable kids you have! It seems like yesterday we were riding our bikes to the first day of school! When did we get all...grown up? :)

    ReplyDelete